Gluten-Free Amaretti Crescents
Crispy on the outside and soft and melt-in-your-mouth chewy inside, these naturally gluten and dairy free treats are sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
- 1 1/2 c. gf almond flour
- 1 c. confectioners sugar (extra for rolling)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 bag of sliced almonds
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Whisk egg whites until they form soft peaks
- Sift the confectioners sugar over the foamy egg whites, then add in the almond flour and almond extract.
- Gently fold the ingredients together until it forms a slightly sticky dough.
- Sift 2-3 tbsp. confectioners onto a plate and coat your fingers with the powdered sugar to prevent sticking to the batter.
- Take a heaping teaspoon of batter, drop into a plate of slivered almonds and shape into a log. You can leave the log plain if you prefer, and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar after baking and cooling.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, transfer almond coated log onto the parchment, and shape into a crescent placing the cookies about 1 1/2″ apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then turn the pan around in the oven. Bake another 2-3 minutes (the bottom can burn easily so keep an eye on them), and remove from the oven to cool.
- They can be stored in an airtight container for 2 weeks.