GF DF Granola Bars
Healthy snacking granola bars that are easy to make, and take along.
- 1 1/4 c. certified GF old-fashioned rolled oats. Place 1/2 in the food processor so they are chopped.
- 1/2 c. certified GF oat flour
- 1/2 c. GF flax seed
- 1/3 c. granulated coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1 1/3 c. walnuts, almonds, and/or pumpkin seeds roughly chopped
- 1 c. organic GF coconut shreds
- 8 oz. dried cranberries
- 8 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp. each of Agave and Pure maple syrup
- 1 Flegg (Ground Flaxseed “Egg” made from 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed and 3 tbsp. water. Mix and let sit until thickened.)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using a greased 9×9″ square pan, place parchment paper in it and leave enough to overhang. Set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients together thoroughly.
- Add in the chopped nuts, coconut shavings, and dried fruit.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place the melted coconut oil, Maple syrup, Agave syrup, flax egg and vanilla and whisk together
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients combining thoroughly.
- Scrape the mixture into the parchment lined pan and press it down firmly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then turn and bake another 10-15 minutes until toasted and browned.
- After cooling for a few minutes, gently lift the granola square onto a wire rack to cool for 1/2 hour.
- Place the granola in the refrigerator until it is firm. Slice into 18 small rectangular bars with a sharp knife.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container to store for a week. They can be frozen for longer.