Oatmeal with Figs and Walnuts
Gluten Free Breakfast Oatmeal made special with freshly picked figs. Brown sugar and walnuts make this a filling and nutritious meal.
- 1/2 c. certified gluten free quick oats
- 1 c. water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 6 walnut halves
- 2 cut up fresh figs
- In a microwave safe bowl with a loose cover on it, microwave the oats and brown sugar on high for 2 minutes.
- Let it remain in the microwave for another 2 minutes.
- Stir, add toppings, and serve.
- This can also be cooked on the stove top: Boil 1 cup of water, add in the oats and cook while stirring for 3 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes.