GF Stir Fried Brussels Sprouts with Asparagus and Shiitake Mushrooms
Quick cooking stir fry with healthy power packed veggies, and of course it's Vegan & Gluten-Free.
- 1/2 lb. brussels sprouts, washed and sliced
- 1 bundle of asparagus, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 5-8 Shiitake mushrooms, gently rinsed and sliced. *You can replace the mushrooms with extra firm stir fried or baked tofu.
- 1 c. cooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 4 tbsp. gf soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste, spritz of hot sauce, chopped peanuts, green onions.
- Heat oils and garlic in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. After 15 seconds, add in the Brussels sprouts and asparagus, stirring frequently.
- Remove the veggies from the pan and place on the side.
- Sauté the sliced mushrooms (or tofu) in the heated pan, and when they are cooked, add back in the veggies, soy sauce, ginger, and salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook for a few more minutes, adding in cooked brown rice and a bit more soy sauce if needed.
- Serve warm with chopped peanuts, sliced green onions, and hot sauce if you prefer.