Healthy, Easy Brussels Sprout Fried Rice
Vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free stir fry with freshly shaved Brussels Sprouts and Shiitake Mushrooms.
Incredibly Gluten Free Recipes
- 4 tbsp. peanut, corn or grape seed oil
- 10 oz. wash, trimmed and shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 small onion or 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 finely minced garlic cloves
- 1 8 oz. package of sliced Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 4 c. cooked and cooled off leftover rice.
- 4 tbsp. GF soy sauce
- ½ c. chopped peanuts
- garnishes: sliced green onions, sriracha, sesame seeds
*if you don’t have a wok, use the largest pan you have. Use a bit more oil and cook longer.
- Place 2 tbsp. of oil in a wok and heat on medium heat, swirling the oil around the wok carefully.
- Place the onion in the wok and cook for 1 minute until soft.
- Add in the mushrooms and Brussels sprouts. Cook for 5-7 minutes, tossing the whole time, until the veggies are tender.
- Add in the ginger and garlic, tossing over medium heat for another 2-3 minutes until the entire mixture is fragrant. Place the mixture in a bowl and go to the next step.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp. of oil to the wok, and immediately add in the cooked rice.
- Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the rice becomes toasty.
- Lower the heat, add in the veggie mixture, peanuts, and GF soy sauce, mixing to combine.
- Garnish with 1 chopped green onion, sesame seeds, sriracha
- Add 2 beaten eggs into the veggies while cooking.
- Before beginning, stir fry shreds of chicken, or beef or whole cleaned and deveined shrimps. place on the side and add in for the final step.
If you are looking for more easy to prepare meals and sides, please give these vegan recipes a try:
Vegan Golden Beet Farro Salad, Easy Butternut Squash Soup / DF GF Vegan, Organic Vegan Golden Beet Soup
One response to “Healthy, Easy Brussels Sprout Fried Rice”
Sounds super – I love Brussel sprouts – but then being Polish I love all versions of cabbage.
LikeLiked by 1 person