GF Mini Farfalle with Quick Basil Pesto
A healthy and delicious sauce that can be included in any meal, any time of day.
- 1 c. washed, dried and gently compacted fresh basil leaves (no stems)
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 tsp. pine nuts (can be toasted)
- 4-5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Optional 1 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 2 c. cooked GF Farfalle (Butterflies) Pasta, cut up grape tomatoes, chopped cucumbers
- Place all of the ingredients but the pasta in a small food processor. Blend together.
- Scrape down the sides of the processor, and if needed, add more olive oil.
- Process on high for less than a minute, this should yield a smooth pesto.
- Taste test, add more seasonings if necessary. If you want a bit of cheesiness, add in the nutritional yeast.
- Serve over pasta, on eggs, pizza, zucchini noodles, any food that you like. Freeze the rest for up to 3 months in a ice cube tray.
*This pesto does not contain cheese, it is great addition in your ice chest for a picnic or traveling.
3 responses to “GF Mini Farfalle with Quick Basil Pesto”
They have a sort of feeling that connects me to doing what I love, cook and bake! You should check out my recipes too! ( by clicking my name)
Looks great! I love all your recipes!
Looks fresh and delicious. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person