Farm to Table Glazed Carrots and Greens with Right Rice®
Nutritious and delicious plant based side dish packed with protein and fiber.
- 2 handfuls (about 3 oz.) rinsed beet greens, baby kale, or baby spinach
- 2 pounds of thoroughly washed Farmer’s Market Carrots cut on a ¼” diagonal
- 3 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. Myiokos® dairy free butter
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 c. cooked Right Rice® (original)
preheat oven to 350°
- Melt the butter over a low flame, adding in the extra virgin olive oil and garlic.
- Saute the garlic until slightly browned then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the honey until combined.
- Place the carrots, and greens of your choice on a greased baking sheet and toss them with the butter sauce while seasoning with salt and pepper, positioning everything flat in one layer on the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing with a spatula half way through cooking.
- Take out of the oven and gently toss the cooked Right Rice® in the pan while warm to incorporate all the flavors with the rice.
- Serve warm or chilled the next day. Travels great to picnics and summer gatherings.