Basil Leaf Pesto
Using the old fashioned method of pestle and mortar, this organic basil pesto adds anti-oxidants and flavor to all of your recipes.
- 25-30 basil leaves
- 1 toasted garlic clove
- 1 tsp. toasted pine nuts
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Place the basil leaves in the pestle and mortar with the salt.
- Crush them a bit and add in the garlic and pine nuts with some of the oil.
- Add in more oil as you need it until the mixture is blended.
- Some leaves will still remain and that is fine.
- Use this pesto on all foods.
3 responses to “Basil Leaf Pesto”
[…] original basil leaf pesto recipe was made the old fashioned method using a pestle and mortar. This quick recipe uses a small food […]
What a delicious recipe, love a refreshing basil pesto 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person