Red Quinoa & Avocado Ensalada
A super fresh, light, and delicious recipe thats perfect year-round.
- 1 c. uncooked Nature’s Earthly Choice™ Red Quinoa
- 1 small can each black beans and corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 2 chopped green onions
- ½ c. chopped fresh cilantro, save a bit for garnishing
- 1 ripe, cubed avocado
- 2 juiced limes
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. each: salt, freshly ground black pepper, and cumin
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the vegetables and prepare the dressing.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake vigorously.
- Add the beans, corn, and the rest of the vegetables, herbs and seasonings to the cooked quinoa.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Give it a taste, and add more seasonings to your preference.
- Add the avocado just before serving. Add a dash of hot sauce, or jalepeño if you like heat. Garnish with some of the cilantro.