GF Vegetarian Chili
Stick to your ribs hearty vegetarian and vegan recipe that warms up the soul on a cool winter's day.
*label on cans should read Certified GF
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chili powder (more if you like additional heat)
- 2 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. paprika (more if you like additional heat)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 c. vegetable stock
- 1 large can and 1 small can of chopped tomatoes with thick puree
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 bay leaf
- garnish of your choice: cilantro, green onions, gf tortilla chips, grated cheddar, avocado slices
- In a large sturdy pot, heat the olive oil and add in the chopped veggies, stirring for 5-10 minutes until they are tender.
- Stir in the salt, spices and garlic. Use less for starters, you can always add more heat later.
- Add the chopped tomatoes with puree, the drained black beans and drained pinto beans and the vegetable stock along with the bay leaf and gently stir.
- Bring the chili to a simmer. Cook and stir on reduced heat for 30 minutes until thickened.
- Remove 1-2 c. of chili to another bowl and mash until smooth. Pour it back into the chili and stir. It should be thicker.
- Add in fresh chopped cilantro and more salt if needed.
- Garnish as you like.
One response to “GF Vegetarian Chili”
This looks and sounds great!
LikeLiked by 1 person