A few cool evenings may be indicating a change of seasons. It is finally comfortable enough to warm up the oven for a few new recipes. Kale is a super food and the vitamin K won’t be affected if you bake it. Adding in the anti-oxidant rich sweet potato makes a delicious fall salad packed with nutrients.
Roasted Balsamic Kale and Sweet Potatoes
Nutritional and delicious warm salad that is quick and easy.
- 4-5 washed, peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 bundle of rinsed, dried and de-stemmed kale
- 1 chopped shallot
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. olive oil
- salt, pepper, thyme
pre-heat oven to 350°
- Make a kale leave rub from the balsamic vinegar, oil, and lemon in a small bowl.
- Rub the kale leaves, and then add the sweet potatoes and place in 2 shallow baking pans.
- Add the shallot, garlic, seasonings and hand toss to coat everything.
- Place the pans in the middle of the oven to prevent the kale from burning.
- After 10 minutes at 350°, flip everything over with a spatula and lower the heat to 325°.
- Roast another 25 minutes, tossing occasionally until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Top with toasted pepitas and Dairy-free Sour Cream.