This versatile dairy-free sour cream will enhance the flavor of all of your recipes. Roasted sweet potatoes, zucchini patties, and tacos, are just a few of the foods that always taste better with a bit of sour cream. Just replace the dairy version with this vegan sour cream and you won’t know the difference!
Dairy-free Sour Cream
A healthy and delicious dairy free alternative to sour cream that brings a new level of taste to all your dishes.
- 1 c. quick-soaked *(see below)* raw organic cashews.
- ½-¾ c. water, thicker sour cream takes less water.
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Juice of ½ a lemon.
- ¼ tsp. or more of Himalayan sea salt, depending on taste.
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
*boil 2 c. water and shut off the stove. Place 1 c. raw cashews in the hot water for and soak for 15 minutes. Rinse off and place on the side.
- Add all of the ingredients listed into a bullet-style blender.
- Blend them together, stopping at intervals to scrape the sides down.
- If the mixture is too course and has a difficult time blending, add more water a little at a time.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the salt to your desired taste.
- Serve warm or cold over any foods that would normally get cheese, and store the rest in the refrigerator for 1 week.