This delicious warm salad is perfect for those days that you are tired of the same old sandwiches for lunch. The Brussels sprouts can be quartered and the leaves spread out on the roasting dish so they become crispy. You can prepare this in advance leaving off the dressing until lunchtime. It’s perfectly filling for the remainder of the cold winter days at work.
Quinoa, Sweet Potato and Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dijon Dressing
great same-day or next day lunch idea with healthy roasted veggies, quinoa, and a delicious fresh dijon dressing.
- 1 Large cubed sweet potato
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 c. cooked quinoa
- 1 c. quartered Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries
- 1/4 c. chopped pistachios
- chopped basil
- chopped ripe avocado if you prefer
- 4 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. GF Dijon mustard
- 1 finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts in a large mixing bowl.
- Season with the salt and pepper and toss with the olive oil.
- Roast for 20 min. then flip everything over and roast for another 15 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, make the dressing.
- In a mason jar with a lid, add all the dressing ingredients and shake well.
- Toss the roasted veggies with the cooked quinoa. Add in the cranberries and chopped pistachios.
- With a large spoon, toss all the ingredients with the dressing.
- As an option, if you have a ripe avocado, slice it into the salad right before serving. If you are planning to save some salad for lunch the next day, don’t add in the avocado, or just add it to half of the salad, because it will turn brown.
- Place ribbons of fresh basil on top.