This delicious summer salad is packed with nutrition but yet doesn’t weigh you down in the hot weather. The creamy texture of the tahini dressing seems almost like you are eating a Caesar salad, only this is a vegan alternative.
I browned the sweet potatoes in maple syrup prior to adding them to the kale. This sweet flavor compliments the tangy dressing in a way that is unbeatable. This recipe takes just 30 minutes to complete (using par-boiled sweet potatoes).
Maple sweet potato and baby kale salad
sweet, tangy and light summer salad packed with nutrition and flavor.
- 2 par boiled and peeled sweet potatoes, cut into ¾ inch cubes.
- ½ c. organic maple syrup
- 3-4 cups of chopped organic baby kale
- ¼ c. dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ c. water
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- Place the cut up cubes of par-boiled sweet potatoes on the tray of a toaster oven and pour the maple syrup over them.
- Heat the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes on 350°.
- Allow them to cool while making the dressing.
- In a mason jar with a lid, combine the dressing ingredients and shake it for a few minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Taste the dressing and add more spices/garlic if necessary.
- Make the salad by gently tossing the sweet potatoes, kale, sunflower seeds, and cranberries with the dressing.
- When the ingredients are completely mixed, let the salad stand for a few minutes allowing the kale to soften.
- Keeps well until the next day.
One response to “Maple sweet potato and baby kale salad”
Reblogged this on A Plus Attitudes.
LikeLiked by 1 person