These mini tomatoes are sold as ‘authentic San Marzano’ style, and they taste glorious! I found a small bag of them in the grocery store and wanted to give them a try. Even though they aren’t grown near the sea breezes of the Gulf of Naples, they are every bit as delicious. Sweet, pulpy, low in acidity, they contain only 2 seed pockets and therefore fewer seeds.
Give them a try, I found these at Wal-Mart® in a small bag near the produce aisle. You won’t believe they weren’t picked them from the volcanic soil beneath Mt. Vesuvius.
Roasted Tomatoes with White Bean Pâté on a Grilled Spinach Tortilla Wedges
A delicious snack or appetizer made from San Marzano style tomatoes.
- 1 10 oz. bag of Village Farms® mini San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- white bean spread (1 can of white beans, 1 clove roasted garlic, EV Olive oil, a bit of lemon juice, salt and pepper blended in a blender until smooth and spreadable)
- Grilled gluten-free Toufayan Bakeries® Spinach Wraps
preheat the oven to 400° & preheat a stove top or outdoor grill
- Grill the gf tortillas on a stove top grill for a minute and flip over to the other side.
- Cut them into wedges before they get too crispy.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes in half, placing them on a pan with the olive oil and a few grinds of salt and pepper.
- Roast the tomatoes for 10-15 minutes until shriveled and cooked. Remove from the oven and place on the side.
- Prepare the wedges of tortillas on a plate, place a generous amount of bean spread on them and top with the tomatoes.
- Drizzle a bit of EV Olive Oil, salt and pepper to taste.
One response to “Roasted Tomatoes with White Bean Pate’ on Grilled Spinach Tortilla Wedges GF and DF”
Love the colours!!
LikeLiked by 1 person