No one here needs an outdoor thermometer, they all know exactly what the temperature outside is when they see the slow cooker on the counter! Slow cooked bone soup may be the immune system booster your body is craving right now during flu season. This recipe is curtesy of my Polish Babci, the expert on the health benefits of soups. I added in hearty hand-diced root veggies and the meat from the bones to make it a filling meal
Hearty GF/DF Wintertime vegetable & Beef Bone Soup
Healthy & Natural Immune System Booster.
- 1 package of beef short ribs and a beef neck bone
- 1 Package of store pre packaged soup greens and 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. organic apple cider vinegar
- Filtered water to fill the pot
- 3 c. chopped carrots, celery, larger chopped potatoes
- a bag of pre-washed baby spinach
- ½ c cooked gluten free pasta, shells is perfect
- 1 15.5 oz. can of organic tomato puree
- 1 bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the beef short ribs, neck bone, soup greens and garlic in the oven on 350º for ½ hour.
- In slow cooker, add the roasted beef and soup greens, bay leaf, salt and pepper and the ACV and cook on low all night.
- Strain the bone broth by pouring over a strainer into a pot.
- Pour it back into the slow cooker with an equal amount of filtered water, leaving room for the veggies.
- Add the veggies and tomato puree and cook on high for 1.5 hours, adding parsley or seasonings of your choice.
- If necessary add a little more water because the uncooked veggies absorb the soup.
- Serve with gluten free pasta.