This recipe uses GF Certified Organic 28 oz. San Marzano Tomatoes because they taste the best.
Homemade Pasta Sauce
This meatless, cheeseless sauce can be served over GF pasta or used to make lasagne, pizza, or countless other Italian dishes.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 2-3 cans of whole tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste diluted with 1 c. water
- 2 tsp. salt and dash of fresh ground pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, oregano
- In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic in oil.
- When translucent, strain the tomatoes over the pot pressing as much of the tomatoes through as you can, disposing of the bits in the strainer.
- Add the diluted paste, salt, pepper and oregano, and fresh basil. Simmer the sauce on low for 2 hours, stirring constantly.
- If you have an immersion blender, smooth out the sauce on low.
One response to “Homemade Pasta Sauce”
Nice blog, I see some very nice recipes 🙂 ciao
LikeLiked by 1 person