Delicious, Dairy-Free, and No-Bake! Now that got my attention!
I was treated to a delicious Vegan Lunch at a local Vegan Restaurant thinking it would be nice to try because it is dairy-free and organic. It was absolutely delicious, (and expensive). So, I decided to make my very own vegan dessert at home, and my favorite is Cheesecake.
It is hard to believe that these mini-vegan Cheesecakes are completely Dairy-Free and gluten free. Taste one for yourself and see, the recipe is simple and the result will impress!
Vegan GF Cheesecake Bites
- 1 1/2 c. soaked (overnight or quick soaked*) raw cashews
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 13.5 oz.can of full fat coconut milk (I used Native Forest™ Classic Organic Unsweetened), draining and saving the water in the can
- 1/3 c. melted coconut oil
- 1/2 c. agave nectar
- Drain and dry the soaked cashews and place in a food processor.
- Add in the next 4 ingredients one at a time. It may take 6-7 minutes to become smooth like cream cheese, if you need, add a little of the saved coconut water.
- 1 package of DF/GF graham crackers (from the 3 pack)
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 c. hazelnuts (filberts)
- Place the ingredients in a food processor until finely ground. It should stick together somewhat.
- Fill the mini muffin cups with the crumbly crust, moving it up the sides. It will be soft and quite delicate.
- Place in oven for 6-10 minutes just to toast, keep an eye on it because it will burn easy.
- Fill the toasted muffin cups with the cashew cheese filling and freeze.They are ready to enjoy so feel free to sprinkle with crushed, toasted hazelnuts, or fruit with sauce.*Quick soaked raw cashews are soaked for 1 1/2 hrs. in boiling water then drained.