I have been a food blogger for a while, appreciating all the beautiful, delicious foods in my feed. I have been intrigued by the dairy-free vegan cheescake for some time now, so I made one myself and absolutely fell in love with it. How can cheese be made with raw cashews. I wondered? Not many people can believe it is absolutely dairy-free when they try it. Needless to say, I will never eat the dairy version again. The vegan cheesecake is just better. Try one yourself, its surprisingly light and digestable!
Simple GF Vegan Cheesecake
Recipe by GourmetMariChef
- 1 1/2 c. soaked (overnight or quick soaked*) raw cashews
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 13.5 oz.can of full fat coconut milk (I used Native Forest* Classic Organic Unsweetened), draining and saving the water in the can
- 1/3 c. melted coconut oil
- 1/2 c. agave nectar
- Drain and dry the soaked cashews and place in a food processor.
- Add in the next 4 ingredients one at a time. It may take 6-7 minutes to become smooth like cream cheese, if you need, add a little of the water from the coconut milk can.
- 1 package of GF graham crackers (from the 3 pack)
- 4 tbsp. vegan dairy-free butter
- 1/3 c. slivered almonds
- Place the ingredients in a food processor until finely ground. It should stick together somewhat.
- Line 2 small or 1 large springform pan with the crumbly crust, it will be soft and quite delicate.
- Place in oven for 6-10 minutes just to toast, keep an eye on it because it will burn easy.
Fill the toasted crust with the cashew cheese filling and freeze. Remove the springform pan VERY slowly.When ready to serve, defrost on the counter for 1/2 hour so you can easily get a warm knife through it. You can add fruit/fruit and simple syrup or anything you prefer
*Quick soaked raw cashews are soaked for 1 1/2 hrs. in boiling water then drained
2 responses to “Simple GF Vegan Cheesecake”
[…] Dairy-free desserts are extremely difficult to find in regular grocery stores. The gourmet stores sell them, but most have a list of ingredients and preservatives that give an off flavor and ruin the dessert experience. I have made 2 highly popular natural vegan cheesecake recipes, both using a crumb crust, and both are absolutely delicious: Vegan Cheesecake Bites and Simple Vegan Cheesecake […]
Great blog!! Totally going to learn the tips and tricks 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person